THE UNGRATEFUL PARTNER (part 1)

I don't want to believe what Henry told me about Chris is true.

I was at home watching a program on TV that fateful day when I heard my phone rang, it was Henry calling me. I picked up the call and scolded him on the phone like we've always done to each other.

Henry's voice wasn't as pleasant as it used to be and I tried finding out what the problem was when he hastily told me that we need to see because there's something he needed to tell me. I quickly agreed to see him if that would ease him of his worry. I hurriedly took my bath and wore a simple dress then I rushed to meet him up at a nearby eatery were he asked us to meet.

The look on Henry's face was a look of guilt at same time pity, he ordered for a bottle of soft drink for me while he ordered for just water for himself. He started the conversation with "I'm sorry to tell you this" but I decided to summon up courage to tell you the whole truth else my conscience wouldn't be at peace with me because I also have sisters and wouldn't be happy if they are being treated like this.

At this point, I had lost appetite for the drink and I could feel the cold around my body while I imagined what the truth would be.

You aren't Chris serious lover he said immediately. Chris has been dating you because of all the benefits he gets from you and he isn't ready to let go until he gets from you all he planned to achieve through you. At this point I felt like just fainting because Chris was actually a man I loved so much and would do anything to make him happy, I've turned down many serious guys because of the love I had for Chris and I felt the relationship was heading somewhere great.

I tried to fathom were all this was coming from, as much as I know, I'm a very beautiful and attractive lady with so much intelligence and I'm also industrious that every man wants to have me in his life.

Henry consoled me to be fine while he also continued. Chris has always told all his friends how much you love him and how you can't do without him and that's why he has taken so much advantage of you because of the sincere love you have for him.

Can you remember those times you begged to see him and he came up with excuses of being busy just to avoid you? He was with Jessica, his lover.

At this point, I broke into tears and told Henry that he is lying to me. Chris loves me so much and would never treat me like this, he's given me too many promises to believe this lies and at same time, I was contemplating in my heart, trying to find some truth in what Henry told me because he is Chris best friend and he knows everything about Chris.

He said, I want you to end your relationship with Chris now that you know before he dumps you very soon and I nodded my head in agreement even though I was still very emotional and broken already, I actually wasn't gonna give up like this I said to myself.

Henry said, "you'd start by stop giving him money and other materials, stop attaching too much value on him and stop making him feel lord over you, stop letting him know how your life is incomplete without him." I agreed and said thanks to him while we parted ways.

As days turned weeks, I consoled myself and tried to see life from another angle entirely by giving myself hope of "life goes on." I stopped doing those material things for Chris because my love for him was beginning to depreciate and soon, he tried finding out what the problem was but I just gave some flimsy excuses that sounded genuine because I wouldn't want to betray Henry's trust by letting him know that I'm now aware of his games with me.

Not too long, I confirmed all that Henry told me about Chris was true when he started showing me his true colours as he no longer gets money and gifts from me as usual. He started talking to me without regards for no reason and would make calls with different ladies in my presence.

Gradually, I started getting over Chris thoughts until I finally stopped seeing him and he never bothered asking questions why I stopped seeing him. It wasn't easy for me anymore to give my heart to other guys because I now find it hard to trust any guy, so I turned down every guy that came my way for relationship and even friendship because I was naturally not the type that easily give in to guys for relationship but God has his ways of doing things.

One of the weekends I went for shopping at the mall, to pick some things I lacked at home awaiting the new week, I noticed a guy was behind me in the mall, and not too long he tried approachibg me. I guess he wanted to ask me a question but I was wrong.

He was a tall dark, handsome and well balanced guy, with a very attractive body build. He said "hello beautiful lady, can I join you? I already had some frown on my face because that wasn't going to work I told myself. I didn't say a word to him as I continued picking other things I wanted and then he echoed the word again, "hello beautiful lady, can I join you? At this time, I said NO thanks and he replied by saying "I know a pretty lady like you would need help even though you are trying to be resistant."

He tried all he could to get my attention and finally I spoke to him. What exactly do you want? I asked him in an aggressive manner. He replied by saying, I just want to be a friend to this pretty and intelligent lady I'm seeing here and I don't mind if she would tell me her name and also grant me the assess to speak to her some other time, by giving me her phone contact.

I wasn't comfortable anymore seeing how good looking he was and spoke politely with so much humility, I refused telling him my name but I agreed to give him my numbers just so he could stop following me. I dropped my numbers with him without asking of his, and he politely said thanks after receiving the numbers and we both went separately to other places in the mall.

To be continued.....
Stay tuned.

Story written by Dolly Korede,
Dolly's signature

Comments

  1. My love coach henry must be an angel of good tidings, he helped you escape what i tag "No love" something I've learnt over time is some men lust after destruction and deny love...
    The second part is going to be dramatic because of your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading through and finding value. Keep your eyes fixed awaiting the second part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment